The Ag Invest Long Term Agriculture Loan Program makes loans more affordable for farmers and agricultural professionals. The loans can be used to help pay for major expenses like machinery, building construction, irrigation systems and other qualified expenses.
After a participating lender approves your loan, the Treasurer’s office works with the lender to reduce the interest rate, thereby lowering the overall cost to enhance farm or alternative agricultural businesses. Click here for Ag Invest FAQ.
Please contact us for more information about the loan possibilities for your farm, or call (217) 557-6436.
Items Eligible for Ag Invest Long Term Loans Include:
- Purchasing new or used farm equipment
- Irrigation Systems
- Hoop Houses
- Implement soil and water conservation practices
- Purchase of livestock
- Qualified agribusinesses, including vineyards, fish farms, and pick-your-own orchards
Items Ineligible for Ag Invest Long Term Loans Include:
- Land acquisition
- Research or feasibility studies
- Mowing or landscaping equipment
- Two-wheel or four-wheel drive (full-ton or lighter) trucks
- Loan application fees
Amounts and Terms:
- Applicants can receive multiple loans per calendar year up to $300,000 per borrower.
- The below-market interest rate is available for three years with the possibility of a two-year extension and additional two years for grape and vineyard production.
- Other loan terms available for expenses greater than $300,000, contact the office for more details
- The Treasurer's Office may require a site visit prior to approval.
Interest rates are quoted here updated on the first day of every month, or you may call the Treasurer’s Office at (217) 782-2793. The listed rates are posted to give potential borrowers an indication of current rate figures. The final deposit rate will be confirmed on the business day prior to issuing the loan. The maximum interest rate on the loan may not exceed the associated deposit rate by more than 3.75 percent during the term of the treasurer's participation.
- The applicant must provide supporting documentation of proposed expenses.
- A participating Illinois financial institution must approve each borrower’s application.
- The applicant’s property must be located entirely in Illinois.
If you have any questions or need more information, click here or call (217) 557-6436.
If you represent a lending institution, please review the documents below:
AG Invest Long Term Loan Program Application
Illinois State Treasurer's Linked Deposit Programs Application for Deposit
AG Invest Agriculture Linked Deposit Loan Program Letter of Agreement
The Treasurer’s Ag Invest loan program is the nation’s most expansive agriculture deposit program. Since 1983, Ag Invest has loaned more than $1 billion in annual and long-term loans.
In addition to the Annual Agriculture Loan Program, the Illinois State Treasurer’s Office began the Long-Term Loan Program in 2000. Agricultural professionals across the state have taken advantage of our below-market rates to help grow their farm operations.
In 2012, the Treasurer’s office introduced a fast track version of the Ag Invest program, which helps eligible financial institutions serve their Ag Invest clients more effectively by shortening the approval process from 10 business days to just 24 - 48 hours.
Download Adobe Reader which is required to view (PDF) files.