The Ag Invest Agriculture Operating Line of Credit Loan program makes loans more affordable for farmers and agricultural professionals. The loans can be used to help pay for the annual start-up costs associated with seed, fertilizer, plants, salaries, transportation cost, transitioning, milling, processing, crop insurance, and other qualified expenses.
After a participating lender approves your line of credit, the Treasurer’s office works with the lender to reduce the interest rate, thereby lowering the overall cost to enhance/expand your farm operation or value added businesses. Click here for Ag Invest FAQ.
Please contact us for more information about the loan possibilities for your farm, or call 217.558.6217.
Items Eligible for Ag Invest Operating Line of Credit Loans Include:
- Seed, feed, and fertilizer
- Land acquisition up to $600,000
- Cash rent
- Crop insurance
- Purchase of livestock/breeding stock
- Production-related energy and labor expenses
- Veterinarian costs
- New or used farm equipment
- Irrigation and soil and water conservation
- Others expenses
Amounts and Terms:
- The Financial Institution shall be allowed to request a deposit up to $600,000 per borrower for either a 1-year or 2-year term. Borrower is allowed only one operating line of credit loan at any given time.
- The below-market interest rate is fixed for a 1-year or 2-year term.
Interest rates are quoted here and updated on the first day of every month, or you may call the Treasurer’s Office at 217.558.6217 for updated rates. The listed rates are posted to give potential borrowers an indication of current rate figures. The final deposit rate will be confirmed on the business day prior to issuing the loan. Lenders may charge up to 3.75 percentage points over the Treasurer's rate of deposit.
- A participating Illinois financial institution must approve each borrower’s application.
- The borrower’s property must be located entirely in Illinois.
If you have any questions or need more information call 217.558.6217.
If you represent a lending institution, please review the documents below:
Documents may take longer to upload, please give some extra time to appear.
Be sure to visit our website to obtain the most current version of the required Treasurer's Office program documents.
Step 1 If you need to request funds for multiple borrowers, please submit a single application for the total amount of the deposit.
The Treasurer’s Ag Invest loan program is the nation’s most expansive agriculture deposit program. Since 1983, Ag Invest has loaned more than $4 billion in annual and long-term loans.
In addition to the Operating Line of Credit Loan Program, the Illinois State Treasurer’s Office began the Long-Term Loan Program in 2000. Agricultural professionals across the state have taken advantage of our below-market rates to help grow their farm operations.
In 2012, the Treasurer’s office introduced a fast track version of the Ag Invest program, which helps eligible financial institutions serve their Ag Invest clients more effectively by shortening the approval process from 10 business days to just 24 - 48 hours.
Download Adobe Reader which is required to view (PDF) files.