Prioritizing Illinois Businesses
The Treasurer’s Office has made it a priority to transform the office’s policies and operations to increase opportunities available to businesses headquartered in the State of Illinois.
Illinois is home to a vast array of highly talented, highly capable businesses that offer top-level financial services.
On the investment front, this includes brokerage firms, securities dealers, asset managers, banks, investment consultants, and other financial institutions.
The Treasurer’s Office seeks a wide variety of financial services and products from Illinois firms, including, but not limited to:
Investment Management Services
||Cash & Cash Equivalents
|Custody and Safekeeping
|Cash and Check Processing
||Credit and Debit Card Processing
Other Investment Services
For non-investment related opportunities, including RFPs, RFIs, invitations to bid, and other related areas, please visit our Procurement Opportunities page.
Contact the Treasurer’s Investment Team
Illinois-based firms are encouraged to download and submit this Capabilities Questionnaire, which provides the Treasurer's Office with a resource to be proactive in identifying business opportunities with Illinois-based firms. For other questions on business opportunities, Illinois-based firms can contact IllinoisFirms@illinoistreasurer.gov.
- RFP Process – All RFPs now provide points in the scoring process to Illinois-based applicants.
- Preference for Illinois-Based Investment Firms – Policies and procedures establish uniform operating processes across investment divisions for the allowance of preference to qualified Illinois-based firms.
- Illinois Growth and Innovation Fund – Launched the Illinois Growth and Innovation Fund to invest $222 million in venture capital firms with a track record of investing in Illinois technology companies.
- Investing in Illinois Communities through Municipal Bonds – The Treasurer’s Office seeks to purchase high-rated bonds from Illinois municipalities, thereby giving communities the funds they need to grow while generating added yield for the State.
- Investing in Illinois Businesses through Corporate Bonds – The Treasurer’s Office successfully advocated for legislation that allows the Treasury to buy corporate bonds, which enables the State to invest in businesses with operations in Illinois while earning a high-yielding return.
- Illinois Business Liaison – Staff are specifically deployed to assist Illinois firms in doing business with the Treasurer’s Office. Contact IllinoisFirms@illinoistreasurer.gov.
- Illinois-Based Asset Managers – Increased from $406 million in January 2015 to $1.3 billion in April 2018. That’s a 233% increase. Track these results on The Vault.
- Illinois-Based Broker/Dealers – Illinois-based firms brokered $120 billion on behalf of the Treasurer’s Office in FY 2017. Track these results on The Vault.
- Illinois Growth and Innovation Fund – By the maturity of the investment fund, it is expected to generate an industry return while creating an estimated 18,800 jobs (8,500 direct and 10,300 indirect) in Illinois and attract more than $400 million in additional private-sector money. Since January 1, 2018, ILGIF has already supported 4,000 jobs, generated $582 million investment in Illinois companies and contributed to $1.9 billion in GAAP revenue.
- Purchased approximately $45 million in municipal bonds from Illinois communities (as of April 2018)